Google Voice is a service available only for the US users that enables you to make calls, send SMS, preview the messages in your Inbox, and receive notifications.
If you do not like the extension turning numbers into click to call links then you can turn it off in the extension Options page.
SMS is only available for accounts with a Google Number.
SMS is not available in voicemail only accounts.
· Google Voice is Incompatible with the Skype extension. If the Skype extension is installed then the Voice extension will not turn numbers into call links.
· Sometimes your forwarding phone list will be empty. If this happens make sure you are logged in to Google Voice account and then wait about 30 minutes. The problem should fix itselft automatically within 30 minutes and work from then on.
Here are some key features of "Google Voice":
· Adds a button to the toolbar, which displays the number of unread messages in your Google Voice inbox.
· TriggerAudible alert on new messages (can turn off in extension options).
· TriggerGives you quick access to your most recent messages with transcripts and voicemail playback.
· TriggerLets you initiate calls and send free text messages by just typing any number or contact name.
· TriggerMakes phone numbers on websites callable via Google Voice by just clicking on them.
· TriggerIf a phone number doesn`t turn into a link on any website (ex: Google Calendar), you can select the text with your mouse and the click to call popup will automatically display (note: might not work with all numbers).
· Google Chrome
What`s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support for multiple account sign-in. Go to the extension options page to select the account to sign-in with. Multiple sign-in must be enabled on your Google Voice account.