Publisher's description - MTEDesk 1.0
Software application for viewing of documents on a virtual desk including images, movies and PDF files. The virtual desk can be shared by multiple people at the same time. The application requires a multi-touch device compatible with TUIO 1.1 such as the overlays produced by PQLabs and ZaagTech. Lacking a compatible device, you can emulate one or more touch points using mouse and keyboard.
Desk is very easy to use, because the contents can be controlled with simple gestures and large icons. The application will automatically start in full screen mode, and turn the screen into a virtual desk where you can view the documents loaded from a specific folder.
Documents can be added or removed from the folder even while the application is up and running. It is possible to share the folder on the network so you can easily add or remove files from any remote computer. The folder path can be changed in the preferences panel. The supported file types are: pdf, png, jpeg, tiff, mp4, m4v, mov, mpeg and avi. Some special files are also supported with extension map, draw and capture.
In order to simulate one or more touch points using mouse and keyboard you can enable the embedded TUIO simulator in the preferences panel or install an external TUIO simulator.
Embedded simulator instructions:
* Use left mouse button in order to add or remove a touch point.
* Press SHIFT key before to release the mouse button in order to create a permanent touch point.
* Press SHIFT key and click on a permanent touch point in order to remove it.
* Press CTRL key and click on a touch point in order to add it to the current group.
* Press CTRL key and click on a touch point in order to remove it from the current group.
* Drag the mouse in order to move a touch point. Grouped touch points move all togheter.